10. A Southern Christmas at various homes Sat. Dec. 5 noon to 6 p.m. The Council of Garden Clubs of Sumter hosts its 66th annual Holiday House Tea and Tour at the Alice Boyle Garden Center and four featured homes and one church.
- Christmas Parade on Main Street in downtown Sumter Sun. Dec. 6 at 2 p.m. Superheroes for Christmas is the Optimist Club’s theme this year. Join more than 100 entries, 2,000 participants, and 10,000 spectators, in fun for the whole family.
- Festival of Choirs at Trinity United Methodist Church Sun. Dec. 6 at 3 p.m. Woman’s Afternoon Music Club presents 46th Festival of Choirs with seven local choirs performing together on the second Sunday of Advent.
- Miracle on 34th Street at the Sumter Little Theater Dec. 3-6, and Dec. 10-13 Kris Kringle gets a job working as Santa for Macy’s. In a dramatic decision, a court confirms him as the true Santa. Yes, there is a Santa Claus!
- Christmas with The Embers at Sumter Opera House Thurs. Dec. 10 at 7:30 p.m. The legendary beach music will warm the heart of your entire family by playing some of your favorite Christmas classics while adding in some Embers originals.
- Jingle with the Arts at Patriot Hall Fri. Dec. 11 at 7 p.m. & Sat. Dec. 12 at 3 & 7 p.m. The annual Christmas Dance extravaganza includes the Sumter Civic Dance Company, Lakewood, Crestwood, and Sumter High School choirs.
- Christmas Concert by the Sumter Community Concert Band at Patriot Hall Thurs. Dec. 10 & Sun. Dec. 13 at 7 p.m.
- Carolina Backcountry Christmas at the Sumter County Museum Sat. Dec. 12, 2 p.m. Experience Christmas as it was celebrated 200 years ago with roasting chestnuts over an open fire, spinning and weaving, and traditional games.
- Fantasy of Lights at Swan Lake Iris Gardens, open nightly Dec. 1 to Dec. 31. The gardens come alive with more than one million lights with Santa, angels and characters of song and story. One of South Carolina’s largest light displays!
- Church Service on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and remember the reason for the season!